- How does it work?
(FOR UK SPONSORS) In order to start sponsoring a child, dd form has to be filled in detail along with the child name & ID you wish to sponsor and send it to our UK office (El Shaddai Charitable Trust, UK; 5 Manor Court, Victoria Square, Holsworthy, Devon EX22 6AA ENGLAND- UK.Tel. No:- 01409 254876). UK office will send it to the bank and once they have received confirmation from the bank we will be able to proceed. This may take 2-3 weeks. When we receive confirmation in India from the UK office that you have started sponsoring we will send you the sponsored child profile and welcome letter. If you have not heard from us within one month after giving your completed sponsorship form, please contact our (UK Office) email@example.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org (Indian Office) and we will assist you further.
- What benefits does my sponsored child receive by being sponsored?
Provide food, clothing, education, medication, shelter and recreational facilities for one child.
- Will you keep me updated with what my sponsorship is achieving?
Once you start to sponsor a Child, we will send you the profile of your sponsored child, sponsor welcome letter, progress update and various literature of the organisation. Your sponsorship is the start of a rewarding and fulfilling relationship, many people visit Goa regularly on holiday and are happy to see ‘their child’ growing up, making each visit a very personal experience.
- Can I sponsor a child as a gift for someone else?
- How long do I have to be a sponsor for?
- How many sponsors will my child have?
Your Sponsored Child
- Can I choose the child I sponsor?
- Can I write to my sponsored child?
Yes, Our children love to receive letters and cards from their sponsors. Letters and picture postcards are very precious to them, often kept in a special place and looked at frequently.
- Can I visit the child I sponsor?
Yes, visiting time 4-6 pm Monday to Sunday.
- Are my contributions tax deductible?
Yes under 80G
Your Sponsorship Money
- How much does it cost?
It costs us £30 a month to provide food, clothing, education, medication, shelter and recreational facilities for one child. We ask each sponsor to contribute as much as they can afford.
- Where does the money go?
All the child sponsorship money goes in one pot and all our children in various units, homes, centres, shelters, slum schools etc. are supported through this.
- Does my monthly gift go directly to my child?
- How much of my money will go to my sponsored child?
All the child sponsorship money goes in one pot and all our children in various units, homes, centers , shelters, slum schools etc. are supported through this.
- Can the cost of sponsorship rise?
Yes…Will inform if there is any changes in the cost.
- Can I send money and other gifts directly to my sponsored child?
No, It has to be given to the in charge or sent to the office. You could also send money to buy a birthday gift for your sponsored child. We will take a photo of your child receiving their gift and email it to you.
- I don’t want to sponsor a child, but would still like to support your work. Is this possible?
Yes, you can sponsor Current Project & New upcoming Project.
- My question isn’t answered here. How do I contact you?